Introduction to Ircam
IRCAM is a leading non-profit organization associated to Centre Pompidou, dedicated to music production, scientific research and education in sound and music technologies. In the joint research unit, UMR 9912 STMS (Science and Technology for Music and Sound), supported by IRCAM, Sorbonne University, and the CNRS, specialized research teams conduct research and development in the areas of acoustics, audio signal processing, human-computer interaction, computer music and musicology. IRCAM is located in the centre of Paris near the Centre Pompidou, at 1, Place Igor Stravinsky 75004 Paris.
IRCAM is looking for a researcher for the development of music content analysis technologies (such as chord progression, instrument recognition, audio quality, auto-tagging) in the framework of a technology transfer to the Universal Music Group.
The hired researcher will also collaborate with the development team and participate in the project activities (evaluation of technologies, meetings, specifications, reports).
Required Experiences & Skills
- Very high skills in audio signal processing (spectral analysis, audio-feature extraction, parameter estimation) (the candidate should preferably hold a PhD in this field) ;
- Very high skills in machine learning (SVM, ConvNet) (the candidate should preferably hold a PhD in this field) ;
- Good skills in distributed computing ;
- High-skills in Matlab and Python programming, skills in C/C++ programming ;
- Good knowledge of UNIX environments (GNU-Linux ou MacOSX) ;
- High productivity, methodical works, excellent programming style.
According to background and experience.
Deadline for application: April, 7th, 2019
Please send an application letter with the reference 201903UMGRES together with your resume and any suitable information addressing the above issues preferably by email to: mignot at ircam dot fr with cc to vinet at ircam dot fr and roebel at ircam dot fr.