Somax2 version 2.5 is released !
Somax2 is an application for co-improvisation and composition.
It is implemented in Max and is based on a generative model to provide stylistically coherent improvisation, while in real-time listening to and adapting to musicians (or any other type of audio or MIDI source including other Somax agents).
Version 2.5 has seen a complete object redesign and modularisation so every object can be used in app style with full UI or in max library style with full programmability / messaging. The documentation has been updated for the entire package.
- A new, comprehensive user's guide
- An interactive overview for centralized access to all help and tutorial
- New maxhelps and reference pages for all objects
- 2 step-by-step tutorials for Somax2 application users
- 7 step-by-step tutorials for Max programmers
- 3 performance strategies tuto for different ways of using Somax
- 4 templates to quickly start using Somax apps
- 4 video tutorials
- 5 videos demos on advanced performance usage, along with an Advanced Tutorial "Improvise with the Masters" in 10 steps
- Concerts videos and Studio Sessions with great Improvisers using Somax2
See more at the Somax2 Project page